Evening Stars (Blackberry Island Novels)

Evening Stars - Susan Mallery Review Posted On Fire & Ice Book Reviews.

This is book 3 in the Black Berry Island series. I was excited when I saw this book on NetGalley. I have read book one and two, and loved them both. This time we get to read about Nina.

I rated this book 4 stars because something was missing. When I finished reading the book I felt incomplete. I thought something else should have been added to the book. All through out the book everyone had some type of problem, and just out of the blue everything was perfect. I thought the ending could have been rapped up a little better.

Now on to the good stuff! I thought the romance between Nina and Kyle was cute... but he was a bit to excited to see Nina. "Hey, Nina." The voice was low and sexy, but not the least bit familiar. "Who are you?" "You don't remember?" "No, she didn't and he was still holding her. She struggled a bit, and he quickly set her on her feet. She swayed as she found her balance, and was about to take a step back when he put his hands on her waist, drew her against him and kissed her. Just like that. If you would like to know what happened after that... well you should read the book!

I thought it was funny when he reminded her about the crush he had on her, when she use to babysit his sister. "I'm Kyle Eastland. The last time I saw you, I was twelve years old. It was August. A Tuesday. You were so beautiful." um... can you say stalker!

Even though Kyle is a bit stalkerish, I really liked his character. However, I liked Dylan even better. Dylan is an awesome character. He told Nina exactly what he wanted, and he went for it. Kyle jumped head first, and Dylan took his time. I liked both characters. It was hard to choose who I liked better, but Dylan won. Dylan was just one of those really sweet type of guys. Nina was sick, and he took care of her. Not a lot of guys would do that.Nina was one lucky girl!

Okay, at the beginning I did not like Bonnie, Nina's mom. She was so selfish, and she reminded me of a child. She treated her children like they were the parents, and she was the child. After a while she grew on me, and I actually began to like her.

Miss Mallery has written a captivating book with awesome characters. The plot and flow of this book was really good. There were a few slow moments in this book, but nothing I couldn't handle!
Over all I really enjoyed this book, and I am excited to see what is next for this series! I highly recommend this book!

*Book provided by Harlequin on NetGalley.*