The Deceived (Vessel of Souls) (Volume 2)

The Deceived - S.K.N. Hammerstone *I recieved a copy of this book to beta read*

S.K.N strikes again with an amazing book. With amazing characters, and a plot to die for, I was hooked from start to finish. We go on a jurney again with Rachael as Elizabeth pulls her strings. The author makes her characters feel real because of their emotions.

"She will have brown eyes that say everything I ever need to know without her having to speak. She will be beyond extraordinary. She is beyond extraordinary. I will give her everything she ever wanted. She will never have to be afraid or alone. She will always have me. I will never let anything happen to her."

Jesse is one of my favorite characters, and I love that he wears his heart on his sleve. But, you can only take so much from the person you love, and we see that in this book.

Rachael is a strong female character, but I lost some respect for her in this book. She is one of those characters that you began to hate, because of all of the people she hurts.

“You may be the father of my child and we may be engaged.” She stopped briefly. “But I am still your queen and you will do as I command. I don’t need a reason!”

Then, she makes you feel sad for her at the end. You would think she would learn not to treat people the way she did.

“When the angels got here, she abandoned me. Joshua was the only one left. As soon as his son was born, he took him and then he left me. My… our daughter was only in this world for a few seconds before the angels took her from me. You have to get them back! Bring them back to me!”

This is a well written book, that will suck you in and have you wanting mor. I am glad I got the chance to read this book. I am so excited to read book 3, but I have to wait because, this book isn't even out yet!!

If you have not read book 1, make sure to pick it up, because book 2 is coming soon! 5 stars to this awesome book!